Englewood Hospital was incorporated in 1888 as a non-profit, non-sectarian voluntary health care facility devoted to "the care, maintenance and cure of the sick, the injured and the infirm." It officially opened its doors on June 14, 1890 in a 12 bed wooden building on a three-acre tract of land on Engle Street.
Englewood Hospital and Medical Center provides patients with the highest level of compassionate care through a broad range of state-of-the-art clinical programs and the most advanced treatments and diagnostic services. It is renowned for its bloodless medicine and surgery program, cardiac and vascular programs and its leadership in breast care, oncology and joint replacement services.
Through its affiliation with the Mount Sinai School of Medicine and the Mount Sinai Consortium for Graduate Medical Education, this thriving, acute-care and community teaching hospital trains medical residents in a variety of disciplines, including internal medicine, critical care medicine, surgery, pediatrics, podiatry, and pathology. Englewood Hospital is home to a Vascular Fellowship Program that has trained a generation of world-class vascular surgeons. Additionally, many members of the medical staff at Englewood Hospital serve as faculty members at Mount Sinai. Englewood Hospital has earned numerous accreditations from the Joint Commission and other organizations and is among the six percent of hospitals nationwide honored with the prestigious Magnet nursing award, a distinction that has been earned twice by its nursing staff.
For over 85 years, Holy Name Medical Center in Teaneck, NJ has provided the communities and families of northern New Jersey with compassionate medical and nursing care, continued technological advances, and an environment of healing dedicated to the needs of each individual patient. This complete level of health care excellence is not only what our patients rely upon; it's the very foundation in which we pride ourselves.
Founded and sponsored in 1925 by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace, Holy Name Medical Center has evolved into a comprehensive 361- bed acute care medical center, yet we still recall our community Medical Center roots by demonstrating a level of personalized care lost in many of today's long and short term medical care facilities.